Online Entries Closing Date & Time: Saturday 27th August, 2022 at 5 pm.
Before commencing your online competition entries, please familiarize yourself with the show schedule and the Rules & regulations of Mountbellew Show and the Irish Shows Association.
To enter a competition online
Go to the competition area of the website
Follow the appropriate links
Select the section, category and class(es) you wish to enter
Enter the relevant details for each entry and accept rules and regulations
When you have entered all the classes you wish to enter, submit your entry for payment
You can edit an entry at any time up until you submit entries for payment.
You cannot edit an entry after payment.
Payments are accepted using Visa, Mastercard or Laser Card
SHOW DAY Presenting your entries: You can present your entries at the Showgrounds to the appropriate section before 10.00 a.m., unless otherwise stated.
Consult section rules regarding “entries on the day”
Location: The Show site is located on the Mountbellew Agricultural College Grounds
Entrance Gate: Please use correct entrance gate for your entries. These will be sign posted and you will be informed of your Entrance Gate before the Show.
Please have correct admission fees ready at the entrance gates.
COMPETITOR EXHIBITION CARDS
Prize money is on Show Day
Mountbellew Agricultural Show Rules of the Show 2022
1. All livestock exhibited must be bona fide property of the exhibitor at least three months prior to the show. (Entire animals intended for breeding purposes expected), and in the cases of Farm & Garden Produce, Woolens & Fancy work, the bona fide produce of the exhibitor’s Farm, garden or home at the time of entry. There must be no substitution for the animal or article in any class.
2. The Judge’s decision as to the merit shall be final and objections on other points to be lodged with the secretary (in writing) by 4pm on the day of show, with a fee of €25. All objections upheld, but retained if the objections are considered frivolous.
3. The Judges are empowered to award prizes in the classes for livestock in which there is not sufficient competition, if the animal receives 75 marks or over. In all the classes no 1st prize shall be awarded unless there are two exhibits, the property of different owners. The Judges may withhold any or all prizes in any class in which they consider that sufficient merit has not been shown.
4. In the classes for farm produce, home produce, garden, woollens & fancy goods no competitor will be allowed to enter more than THREE exhibits in any one class.
5. The entry form must be signed by the exhibitor and must be accompanied by the correct entry fee; otherwise such entries need not be accepted or entered in the Show.
6. The show yard will open at 8:30 am. Judging in Horse Section starts at 10 am sharp. Judging in the Cattle Section starts at 11 am sharp. Judging in Sheep Section starts at 12 noon, Judging in the Dog Section starts at 12.30 pm and all other exhibits must be in before 11:30am and CANNOT BE REMOVED BEFORE 4pm. The Show Society will not be responsible for any exhibits that are not removed by 5.00 pm
7. In Home Produce Section the competitor receiving the largest amount of money value will be considered the most successful unless otherwise stated, when competitors are awarded prizes to the same value the greatest number of prizes will be then considered most successful.
8. The committee will not be responsible for the loss or accidents, etc. of any kind which may occur to Exhibitor, Exhibits, Visitors or otherwise.
9. For every person that enters more than 8 entries they will get one entry free. i.e. lowest entry fee free.
10. All entries are subject to the above rules and any exhibitor who violates or ignores them shall forfeit all prizes he or she may be entitled to at the show and will not be refunded Entrance Fees. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
11. These rules should be read in conjunction to the Rules & Regulations of the Irish Shows Association.